Are you selling your house? Or are you wanting to earn some extra money and rent it out during the holiday season? Either way, you want to maximise your chances of getting interest in your home.
Preparing for a photo shoot needn't take a long time, simply following 7 quick and easy rules and its a piece of cake.
1) De-"Stuff"!: Imagine you're preparing your home for a dinner party - suddenly all the clutter that you haven't noticed in weeks stands out like a sore thumb! Put all those pieces of paper / letters / chargers / toys / pots / washing liquid / dish cloths / TV remotes away!
2) Flowers: A few bunches of fresh flowers give the whole space a lift. Fruit bowls also work nicely.
3) Open up!: Open security gates, windows, doors leading to patio's - this creates a nice flow and atmosphere. Nobody wants to buy / rent in Alcatraz!
4) Bedrooms: Keep it simple - clear bedside tables, iron the bedding, open up the security gates, remove the treadmill / bags / dog and cat blankets!
5) Garden: Mow the lawn, trim the edges, if possible plan your shoot for summer when the garden is in full bloom.
6) Pool: Remove the Creepy from the pool - put out cushions and towels on pool loungers to create a lifestyle feeling.
7) For villa rental shoots: Set a table: whether its the dining-room table or the patio - this is very inviting and enables your guests to imagine dining there.
Always hire a professional photographer - they have the experience, the equipment and the eye to represent your home beautifully. You will make your money back and then some!